Friday, July 17, 2015

Night of the Comet (1984, Cassette Rip)


Now this is an absolute, unconditional EXCLUSIVE ONLY TO OUTRAGEOUS SOUNDTRACKS! I present to you the original motion picture soundtrack for the 1984 sci-fi/horror/comedy flick, Night of the Comet. Released in 1984 on Macola Records, the album didn't stand a chance at selling due to poor promotion and not including all the major songs heard in the movie and was quickly removed from circulation. It's only official formats were LP and cassette. Never saw a CD release, which is unfortunate but Macola Records is not exactly Columbia Records so they probably didn't feel it was worth the investment. Either way, I am proud to present the soundtrack to you all. But this is not the same old 10 track soundtrack, no way. I've unearthed 6 more major songs used in the film! Apparently a crew member had the original tapes in his attic for the songs used in the film. He, unselfishly, allowed me to use the tracks to complete the soundtrack and finally make it whole. I just hope I've done the fans proud by my own digital remastering work. Thanks guys! Enjoy!

Enjoy this release and please comment. The more you comment and thank me, the more soundtracks you'll get. Otherwise they will be slow coming and I've got tons of rare stuff to share. Remember that. No one likes an ungrateful leech!

Tracklisting:
01 - Revolver - Unbelieveable
02 - Chris Farren & Amy Holland - Learn to Love Again
03 - John Townsend - Strong Heart
04 - Stallion - Let My Fingers Do the Talking
05 - Chris Farren - Whole World Is Celebratin'
06 - Diana DeWitt - Hard Act to Follow
07 - Thom Pace - Virgin In Love
08 - Revolver - Tell Me Yourself
09 - Skip Adams - Trouble
10 - Revolver - Lady In Love
NEW TRACKS:
11 - Tami Holbrook - Girls Just Want to Have Fun
12 - Jocko Marcellino - Eyes On You
13 - Thom Pace - I'll Take the Blame
14 - Bobby Caldwell - Never Give Up
15 - Jocko Marcellino - Livin' On the Edge
16 - Jim Christopher - Making Me Blue

Password: Outrageous Soundtracks

19 comments:

  1. thank you so much! was looking for this - I own the original LP, but the bonus tracks are much appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always loved this film and I am trying to get a hi-def digital release of the film through itunes. I hope they make that happen.

      Delete
  2. Thx so much <3 I love this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your a true human being thank you so much. I began a maddening search for this over 30 years ago. I saw this film in the theater when it came out and desperately wanted this completed. The Eyes on You was the most desperate piece. I now only have to find FIREFOX soundtrack. But I don't think it was ever released. You have done a great service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classic! Thank you so much, my friend brought this VHS tape back from the US in mid 80s. Watched loads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..just wow. Thanks yet again! Finally, a definitive Night Of The Comet Soundtrack. Your work is really appreciated - thank you sir :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is the party scene song not anywhere to be found on line. The only song I actually want to own, played during the comets passing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go. Great rare soundtrack. I thought I was the only one that remembered that movie, Reggie was hot ..HaHa \m/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That´s a great post here, very RARE INDEED!...CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR WEB PAGE.....BEST REGARDS!...FROM an eighties FAN...Bernardo Casarin

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is a killer soundtrack, thanks a lot. Best Regards

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad I found this place filled with AWESOMENESS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't open it...Let me know Pass word.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! It's amazing! Thanks to the author!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The movie holds a special place in my heart. These tracks sound amazing! Thank you so much for making this rarity available!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My crazy niece will love this extra filled copy...thank you

    ReplyDelete