Friday, July 17, 2015

Body Rock (1984, Cassette Rip)


So, this is a very rare and hard to find soundtrack in digital format. The soundtrack never made it to CD seeing as how expensive they were at the time in 1984 and seeing as how the movie was a complete and utter disaster, EMI Records decided to pull it all together. Promotional LPs and cassettes were issued all over the USA to no avail radio airplay. Yes, the movie is THAT bad. None the less, the soundtrack is really awesome! It's like The Goonies. I DESPISE that movie but the soundtrack is my #1 favorite of all time. Go figure. Anyway, I bought an unused, sealed, virgin copy of the soundtrack cassette and digitized it myself with digital remastering and 100% complete and pure stereo. All previous "rips" were partial stereo and partial mono. This is the best sounding copy you're ever going to find, until it does get a CD release, which is not going to happen anytime soon.

Enjoy this release and please comment. The more you comment and thank me, the more soundtracks you'll get. Otherwise they will be slow coming and I've got tons of rare stuff to share. Remember that. No one likes an ungrateful leech!
 
Tracklisting:
01 - Maria Vidal - Body Rock
02 - David Lasley - Teamwork
03 - Dwight Twilley - Why You Wanna Break My Heart
04 - Roberta Flack - One Thing Leads to Another
05 - Ralph MacDonald - Let Your Body Rock
06 - Baxter Robinson - Vanishing Point
07 - Laura Branigan - Sharpshooter
08 - Ashford & Simpson - The Jungle
09 - Martin Briley - Deliver
10 - Ashford & Simpson - The Closest to Love
11 - Maria Vidal - Body Rock (Dance Mix)
12 - Maria Vidal - Body Rock (Dub Mix)
 
Password: Outrageous Soundtracks

18 comments:

  1. Do you have the Modern Girls Soundtrack including the missing songs from Scott Rogness AKA Bruno: Safare and Bond Of Addiction and Francis Jolie: Don't Think Twice. Great job by the way, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas gracias por el tiempo y la dedicación para subir este aporte musical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is the best site ever! Can't thank you enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great soundtrack! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to be sure to get the BODY ROCK single by Maria Vidal... the b-side is Ashford and Simpson's "Do You Know Who I Am", the song featured during the neon skeleton dance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Guys, I've been itching for this soundtrack since the 80's and finally stumbling upon it 30 years later...That's inescapable evidence that there's BOUND TO MUST be a God. TYJ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another incredible find...again, can't thank you enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. friend puts cd again because the songs are cut off 1234578910

    ReplyDelete
  10. dude thank you so much! They just covered this movie on How Did This Get Made and I loved the soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much. I remember watching this movie in a dark cinema when I was a teenager. I think I even lost my virginity while watching it.... I know, too much info but this only goes on to explain how grateful I am.
    Thanks, dude.
    Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excelente aporte musical. Gracias por compartirlo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A GREAT GEM!..... THANKS A LOT! ....YOU MAKE MY DAY VISITING YOUR GREAT PAGE!!...

    FROM AN EIGHTIES FAN .....Bernardo Casarín

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one is my nr. ONE favourite soundtrack, thanks and keep going on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love to have this soundtracks. Thank you very much!!! I am very appreciated. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. May I request you draft up a copy of the BODY ROCK Soundtrack on cd, for me???
    Please...

    04222 131 45 messege me.
    Thankyou kindly Brian:-)

    ReplyDelete